The Cast and Cure™ holographic effect is achieved with a lithographic printing process utilizing UV technology and a nano-embossed casting film within a controlled system..
Cast and Cure™, previously referred to as UV film casting, was first introduced in Japan in the early 1990’s as an off-line process and has only recently progressed to an in-line process with the introduction of newly developed equipment.
Filmdex | About Cast and Cure
DGM Filmdex™ UV Cast and Cure Application System
The Filmdex™ is DGM’s Cast and Cure application machine. To learn about the process itself, visit our About Cast and Cure page.
- Single Tower Dancer-less Foil System
- Ability to run up to a 15,000 Meter Roll of Film
- Ability to run 6” Foil Core
- Proprietary DGM Software
- Electrical Control Cabinet
- HMI Touch Screen Control
- Two (2) Siemens Servo Drives & Controls
- Siemens Film Unit Motion Controller
- Siemens Motion Controller Cards
- Electrical Monitoring Sensors and Cabling
- Core Management Technology
- Laser Blanket Wrap Protection System
- Laser Web Break Detection
- Film Jog & Foil Advance Mode
- Film Web Tracking System
- Low Film Alarm System
- Smart Track Film Inlet & Outlet Rollers
- Elevation Kit to mount the unit onto the press